noisy girl

Thoughts, musings and happenings from a feminist composer.

Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Today I've spent a few hours working on the Pope Joan piece. I put all the completed sections together in order and lay down on the floor and had a listen through the whole piece. Having not worked on it for 5 days, I was pleasantly surprised with the sound quality, the consistency of style and how good it sounded as a whole. This got my spirits up a bit after a weekend of the Easter blues, and I feel encouraged to keep on working on it. I've never worked for such a long period on one piece of music before, or made anything so big, so it's a new experience for me. It can be very frustrating sometimes, knowing how much work is still ahead of you, and that you have to edit new sound files to the same high standard as the rest of the piece (which is what takes up most of the time). Nevertheless, although there is still work to do, the really crucial, difficult stuff is mostly done now. The rest is somewhat flexible and I will be working on it in a more intuitive and playful way, which is always more enjoyable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home