noisy girl

Thoughts, musings and happenings from a feminist composer.

Friday, April 23, 2004

I'm always fascinated by the number of voices I can make - that are inside me, so to speak. Today I spent a few hours recording and re-recording four brief spoken passages for Pope Joan. I initially thought that I would recite them all in the same way, but each called for quite different expression, which will, of course, make the piece even more interesting. I think this piece overall will sound quite varied and constantly interesting. I hope so. I have such rich recordings to work with.

It was fun recording. The last time I did it I was recording extreme sounds - both sexual and sounds of pain - they cross over so easily in some cases. I found the experience quite cathartic - as if I'd actually experienced and released those emotions, rather than just acting them out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home